- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Ways To Banish Brittle Nails Forever (We Love #7!)
7. Eat This!
Unsaturated fats will give you beautiful skin, hair, and nails all in one fell swoop. Brittle nails sometimes mean that you are not eating enough of the healthy fats your body needs. So give yourself permission to start eating foods such as avocados, salmon, nuts and seeds. These foods will give your body the essential fatty acids that it needs. You can also eat a tablespoon or two of coconut oil to get the fats your nails are craving.
Horsetail contains silica, a vital mineral for strong, and healthy hair and, of course, nails. If you have those white spots on your nails, horsetail can clear up that problem. You can soak your nails in horsetail tea, and/or drink two or three cups of this tasty tea each day to help repair your nails from the inside out!
Of course, if you drink enough beer you might not notice your nails at all, but beer is actually an effective home remedy for weak nails. It contains plenty of biotin, potassium, selenium, and phosphorous, which your nails need to be strong and healthy. To use this method, heat about a quarter cup of olive oil and then mix in half a cup of beer. Soak your nails in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove your fingers from the solution and rub the oil into the nails. Repeat this once or twice a week for stronger nails in two to four weeks.
Continue to Page 4