- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Amazing Herbs to Support This One Vital Organ
4. Licorice Root
Licorice root softens and moistens irritated or inflamed mucous membranes and reduces the spasms that trigger coughing fits. One study showed that one flavonoid in licorice root, licoachalcone A, contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory compounds that can improve serious lung injuries and can prevent the growth of cancer cells.
Thyme produces antiseptic essential oils which are very potent fighters when it comes to relieving chest congestion. Thyme oil is also a natural antibiotic and has anti-fungal properties as well. Using thyme as a tea can kill bacteria and viruses. Breath in the steam when making this herb into tea to get your lungs all the health benefits thyme has to offer and to stop bacteria from taking hold inside your lungs. Thyme has been used as an effective lung remedy since time immemorial, so you can feel good about using it even in today’s modern world.
6. Gingko Biloba
This is perhaps one of the most highly researched herbs on the planet. Gingko is used to treat many health problems but it also has beneficial effects on the lungs. One study done in 2012 showed that dogs that had undergone hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass that were given an extract of gingko biloba had systematic inflammatory responses in their lung tissue, which enabled them to heal more quickly.
Continue to Page 3