- Having Panic Attacks? Here Are The Best Essential Oils That Can Help Video
- 7 Natural Drinks You Can Make For Better Sleep Infographic
- Top 7 Alkaline Foods For Warding Off Diseases Infographic
- 7 Unexpected Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Infographic
- Healthy Cookies: 3 Delicious Ways Video
- Sunflower Seeds And Their Amazing Benefits Infographic
- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
15 Amazing Herbs to Support This One Vital Organ
4. Licorice Root
Licorice root softens and moistens irritated or inflamed mucous membranes and reduces the spasms that trigger coughing fits. One study showed that one flavonoid in licorice root, licoachalcone A, contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory compounds that can improve serious lung injuries and can prevent the growth of cancer cells.
Thyme produces antiseptic essential oils which are very potent fighters when it comes to relieving chest congestion. Thyme oil is also a natural antibiotic and has anti-fungal properties as well. Using thyme as a tea can kill bacteria and viruses. Breath in the steam when making this herb into tea to get your lungs all the health benefits thyme has to offer and to stop bacteria from taking hold inside your lungs. Thyme has been used as an effective lung remedy since time immemorial, so you can feel good about using it even in today’s modern world.
6. Gingko Biloba
This is perhaps one of the most highly researched herbs on the planet. Gingko is used to treat many health problems but it also has beneficial effects on the lungs. One study done in 2012 showed that dogs that had undergone hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass that were given an extract of gingko biloba had systematic inflammatory responses in their lung tissue, which enabled them to heal more quickly.
Continue to Page 3