- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Proven Facts about Coconut Oil (You Won’t Believe #8)
4. The Healthiest People in the World Eat Coconuts
Although most people in continental America think of coconuts as a tropical, exotic type of food, in some parts of the world, coconut is a dietary staple.
One such population lives in the South Pacific and are called the Tokelauans. Another group of people are the Kitavans. More than 60 percent of the calories these people consume daily come from coconuts and they consume more saturated fat than anyone else in the world. These people are in excellent health and have no signs of heart disease.
5. Improves Digestion
Coconut oil is rich in the medium chain fatty acids which are digested more easily than other processed vegetable oils, to put it in other words, it puts less strain on the digestive system and the pancreas as well. Consuming coconut oil can help the body to better absorb the nutrients and vitamins in the foods you eat as well as improve bowel functions.
6. Helps You Burn More Fat
While many people think that losing weight is simply a matter of calories in and calories out, some calories do more to burn fat than others. Different foods affect our hormones and bodies in different ways, which definitely means that a calorie is not just another calorie. Coconut oil can increase the energy expenditure by as much as 5 percent (about an extra 120 calories every day). Find out more about coconut oil and losing weight.
Continue to Page 3