- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
This tropical fruit is popular the world over, not only for its terrific taste, but for its incredible health benefits. Loaded with important nutrients such as vitamins K, C, and A, along with fiber, magnesium, potassium, carotene, and protein, every single part of the papaya has some medicinal and health compounds.
The fruit of the papaya is the best known part of the plant, of course, but did you know that the seeds are not only edible, but that they have powerful medicinal compounds? Papaya seeds are rich in flavonoids, phenolic acids, and important minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium, and have slightly peppery taste to them. Perhaps the only drawback to papaya seeds is that they are high in fat, so you should always consume them in moderation.
Please note that pregnant women or people with allergies to latex or papain should not consume this fruit or its seeds.
Want to know more about this amazing fruit and its seeds? Keep reading! You won’t believe what this one little fruit can do!
1. Terrific Anti-Inflammatory
Papayas are high in a compound called choline. Choline helps to send nerve impulses, helps the body to absorb fat properly as well as reduce inflammation. Choline is very, very important and most of us do not get enough of it. Choline aids the body in so many areas, including muscle movement, learning and memory skills, along with sleep and proper brain function. Less inflammation means lowering your risk of Alzheimer’s, arthritis, and many other types of chronic diseases which get their start in low level, chronic inflammation. You can get all this protection every time you enjoy papaya.
Continue to Page 2