- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
This tropical fruit is popular the world over, not only for its terrific taste, but for its incredible health benefits. Loaded with important nutrients such as vitamins K, C, and A, along with fiber, magnesium, potassium, carotene, and protein, every single part of the papaya has some medicinal and health compounds.
The fruit of the papaya is the best known part of the plant, of course, but did you know that the seeds are not only edible, but that they have powerful medicinal compounds? Papaya seeds are rich in flavonoids, phenolic acids, and important minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium, and have slightly peppery taste to them. Perhaps the only drawback to papaya seeds is that they are high in fat, so you should always consume them in moderation.
Please note that pregnant women or people with allergies to latex or papain should not consume this fruit or its seeds.
Want to know more about this amazing fruit and its seeds? Keep reading! You won’t believe what this one little fruit can do!
1. Terrific Anti-Inflammatory
Papayas are high in a compound called choline. Choline helps to send nerve impulses, helps the body to absorb fat properly as well as reduce inflammation. Choline is very, very important and most of us do not get enough of it. Choline aids the body in so many areas, including muscle movement, learning and memory skills, along with sleep and proper brain function. Less inflammation means lowering your risk of Alzheimer’s, arthritis, and many other types of chronic diseases which get their start in low level, chronic inflammation. You can get all this protection every time you enjoy papaya.
Continue to Page 2