- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Reasons To Enjoy The #1 Herb In America Today
2. Improves Heart Health
This is one of the most commonly known reasons to eat more garlic; it has been well proven through numerous studies to lower cholesterol, improve blood circulation, and prevent heart disease. Garlic can prevent or slow hardening of the arteries, a process called atherosclerosis, which increases your risk of a stroke, heart disease, or a heart attack. To get the most heart-healthy benefits for your garlic buck, crush one or two cloves of organic garlic each day and swallow them whole. You can also consume a garlic supplement, but please speak with your doctor for the proper dosage for your particular situation.
3. Improve Your Athletic Performance with Garlic
Believe it or not, one of the earliest known “performance enhancing” drugs ever used was garlic. It was even given to Olympic athletes performing in Ancient Greece. Garlic has been traditionally used in many ancient cultures to reduce fatigue levels and improve the labor capacity of workers. Studies done with rats have shown that garlic helps with exercise performance.
4. Controls Blood Pressure
Several studies have proven that garlic reduces high blood pressure, especially the systolic pressure. Garlic dilates the blood vessels, making blood flow more smoothly. To help control your high blood pressure, crush one or two cloves of garlic each day and swallow them whole on an empty stomach each morning. If you take blood pressure medication, do not stop taking your medication without speaking to your doctor first.
Continue to Page 3