- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Reasons Why You Need to Eat More Chia Seeds (Number 8 is Amazing)
Chia seeds are super high in omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, ounce for ounce, chia seeds have more omega-3s than salmon, and no concerns about mercury contamination, something that salmon fans certainly cannot claim. A one ounce serving of chia seeds has nearly 5 grams of omega-3s. Omega-3s are very important for brain health.
11. Super Bone Health
Since chia seeds are high in magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, and protein, this means that these tiny seeds can go a long way towards keeping your bones strong and healthy. In fact, the calcium content in particular, 18 percent of your RDA in one ounce, is very impressive. Ounce for ounce, this is higher than most dairy products and is good news for those following a vegan diet.
12. Improves Performance
Settle down, guys, we mean exercise performance. Both the Mayans and the Aztecs used chia seeds to help fuel their athletic performance, especially those who were long distance runners carrying messages. Several studies show that consuming carbs, such as those in chia seeds, before an exercise or an athletic performance increases performance levels, in some cases better than many sports drinks.
Continue to Page 5