- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Signs You Are Having Thyroid Problems (#9 is Really Surprising!)
7. You Have Menstrual Problems
Most women with thyroid dysfunction have numerous menstrual problems. Thyroid dysfunction can cause delayed or early puberty or menstruation. In fact, any change in your menstrual cycle or if your periods become irregular, this could be a sign of a thyroid issue.
Hypothyroidism often causes prolonged, painful, and more frequent periods. Hyperthyroidism leads to the opposite, of course. Many infertility problems are also linked to thyroid problems.
Changes in your menstrual cycle can be a symptom of an underlying thyroid condition. If your daughter has very early or delayed menstruation, she could have a thyroid problem as well. Consult with your gynecologist to determine if there is a problem.
8. You Have Super Dry Skin
Even your skin moisture is controlled by your thyroid gland. When hormone levels are low, your skin will become dry and pale in color. Hypothyroidism causes edema, scaly looking skin, wrinkled skin, and very little sweating. An over-active thyroid can cause skin to become itchy, sweaty, red, and sometimes very warm to the touch, although there is no fever.
9. You Have No Interest in Sex
If you find that you have little or no interest in sex, maybe that extra shift of overtime is not to blame. An underactive thyroid puts out very few hormones, and it’s hormones that put you in the mood. Of course, it could also be that other factors related to hypothyroidism, weight gain, body aches, fatigue, could be the reason you would rather watch old Bonanza reruns rather than jump in the sack with your spouse, could also play a part. If sex just isn’t your scene suddenly and you really don’t understand why, check with your doctor.
Continue to Page 4