- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Super Foods And Other Ways To Improve Circulation (#8 Is Simply Amazing!)
Rich in lycopene, watermelons are loaded with healthy antioxidants that have been shown in numerous studies to improve blood circulation. Lycopene is a natural pigment which gives food their red color. You can also get more lycopene in apricots, tomatoes, and pink grapefruit.
5. Goji Berries
These little berries, which resemble reddish raisins, can be found in almost all natural health food stores. These high fiber fruits are high in fiber and antioxidants, which will not only improve the circulation but boost your immune system as well.
It is the super anti-inflammatory spice that appears to be good for just about everything! The active ingredient in turmeric, called curcumin, protects from blood clots formation and decreases plaque buildup in the arteries. This will improve blood flow throughout the body. One 2012 study done published in the journal Nutrition Research, found that turmeric supplements had a positive effect on circulation, very similar to that found when exercising. Of course, turmeric should not replace exercise, but it is a terrific addition to any healthy diet and exercise routine! Add one tablespoon of turmeric to a glass of milk and drink once a day for best results. If you wish to take a supplement, speak with your doctor about the correct dosage for your situation.
Continue to Page 3