- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Ways To Stay Alert And Energized Without Caffeine Or Stimulants
9. Give your face a quick splash of water
There is nothing like a quick trip to the restroom and a nice cold splash of water on your face to wake you right up. The cold water will get your circulation going and get you ready to face anything.
10. Set out on a quick walk
Just a simple 15-minute brisk walk around the building will work right away in giving you an increase in circulation. Walking helps release endorphins in your body which will also improve your mood.
11. Set your clock for a power nap
All you need is a 15 to 30-minute nap to get you back on track and ready to go again. You don’t need anything longer than 30 minutes or you will have trouble sleeping at night.
12. Keep it cool
Make sure that the temperature in your environment is cool to cold. When you are in a warm environment you will begin to feel tired and drowsy from the heat. Turn down the temperature, turn on a portable fan, or take a quick ride in your car, and turn the air conditioner on full blast.
13. Chew a piece of gum
Researchers proved that those who chewed a piece of gum during the clinical trials ended up in a better mood and much more alert than those who did not chew gum. The flavor or type of gum did not matter, it was just the action of chewing gum.
14. Try a little aromatherapy
Researchers found that people who smelled peppermint oil or mint leaves were better able to drive and more alert than those who did not. After smelling the scents, the participants were able to finish their work faster and with less frustration.
15. Engage in social activity
Call a friend, check out your social media pages, or go visit someone to get your mind off of being tired. A good conversation with someone or new ideas you may find online will completely recharge you and pretty soon you won’t miss your cup of coffee at all.