- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
- Reishi Mushrooms For Better Health: What You Need To Know Infographic
- Vitamins For Your Brain Health And Where To Find Them Infographic
- Want To Try Making Natural Soap? Here Is How To Start Infographic
- A Simple Illustrated Guide To Making Your Own Almond Milk Infographic
- The Reason Behind The California Hepatitis A Outbreak
15 Windowsill Plants that Heal and Cure (#8 is Super Nice!)
Don’t you hate it when you really need some pepto but you don’t want to get dressed, drive 20 minutes each way in traffic and burn a ¼ tank of gas just for something so simple?
If you keep a few plants on your windowsills or on your patio, you won’t need to! Freshly harvested plants can heal and soothe dozens of common health problems, including that upset tummy.
You don’t need much space; all of these plants can be kept in a pot. You can try and grow them from seed, but you might find seedlings are your best bet. Pick up a few of these and keep them on hand so that you never have to make another late night trip to the drug store ever again.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera grows very well in pots that are placed in full sun or partial sun. Keep them well watered to keep the leaves plump and full. Aloe vera is great for sunburns and other types of minor kitchen burns. Simply break off a leaf and squeeze out the clear gel for some super hydrating skin repair. Aloe vera is 96 percent water but the other 4 percent is active amino acids and enzymes that will really nourish damaged skin.
This is a great little annual that is perfect for small pots in your windowsill. Pull off the white flowers as soon as you see them so that the plant will not go to seed and the basil will taste sweet, not bitter. You can dry the leaves for use later in the year. You can also make a fantastic tea with the leaves, use them in your cooking, and rub crushed leaves on your temple and forehead to stop headache pain within minutes.
3. St. John’s Wort
This plant might be a bit hard to find, but if you suffer from depression, it is well worth it. Ask your doctor if St. John’s Wort might work for you. If they agree, this can be a valuable little plant to have on your patio. It has beautiful glossy leaves and small yellow flowers that are well known for stopping mild to moderate depression.
Continue to Page 2