- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
16 Food And Health Myths That Are Not True
The amount of information that is available on any given subject is overwhelming. The Internet has made it easy to quickly find out everything that you ever wanted to know about a specific person, place, or thing. Some of this information has been available to us long before we were able to implement a search. The problem is that there is quite a bit of information that we have blindly accepted for many years.
Much of this information has been passed on to us from our parents, family members, and friends throughout the years. We may have doubted some things but we never bothered to check to see if they were actually true.
Here are 20 pieces of information regarding food and health issues that have been proven to be untrue.
1. Fresh is always best.
Most people seem to look down on frozen food when in many cases it is just as good, if not better, than fresh. Fruits and vegetables are frozen and packaged at their peak and can retain more vitamins than fresh products that have spent a little too much time from harvest to their arrival at the produce department. Frozen fish is also often considered fresher than the fresh fish in the seafood department.
Continue to Page 2