- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
16 Food And Health Myths That Are Not True
2. The 5-second rule applies when you drop food on the ground.
It’s not the length of time that the food is on the ground, but it is the status of the ground that matters. If the floor is harboring some serious bacteria your food will be contaminate within a millisecond.
3. Organic food is better for you.
A review of more than 98,727 studies were unable to definitely prove that organic foods were safer and healthier than regular foods. Many organic farmers use pesticides but they are classified as natural. The USDA states that the amounts of non-organic and organic pesticides are too low to be unsafe for human consumption.
4. The tryptophan in your Thanksgiving puts you to sleep.
We have bought into this myth every Thanksgiving but when you discover that cheddar cheese has more tryptophan than turkey you will realize it may be the overeating that is putting you to sleep.
5. Eating an apple every day will keep the doctor away.
Apples are high in fiber and vitamin C. They are definitely good for you to consume on a regular basis. But if you catch a cold or the flu, go see your doctor and get the appropriate meds needed to get rid of your illness.
6. Eating sugar makes kids hyperactive.
After blaming sugar for your kid’s behavior for all of these years, it might upset you to know that this theory has not been proven to be true. Eating sugar does not make a child hyper nor does it cause ADHD.
7. You cannot grow brand new brain cells.
Neurogenesis is a process that ensures that there are parts of your brain that prove your brain is not only capable but it does still produce new cells in certain regions even as we age.
Continue to Page 3
Mar 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Brought to you by all the corporations that make us sick for their profit.
Mar 17, 2017 at 9:15 pm
I totally agree! We are persuaded to take drugs doctors prescribe not for our health but money for the pharmaceutical business. From my work in 20 countries I learned there are other options, most less dangerous. I eat better food (mostly organic) than most medical employees do, and use herbs instead of most drugs. If I believed doctors I would have been dead already four times.
Mar 18, 2017 at 8:25 am
The best of health, Marvin.