- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
18 Tips For Successful Weight Loss (The Last One Is the Wisest!)
No matter what time of the year is now, it seems that we are always worrying about our weight. Portions are getting larger, food has become an all-you-can-eat pastime, and every other commercial features cheap fast food.
How do we get off the weight loss roller coaster? There are a number of things you can do to get yourself back on the straight and narrow, still be able to enjoy the foods we like and even splurge from time-to-time. Here are some tips that have been proven to give you a successful plan to help get your weight under control once and for all.
1. Figure out the weight that you have felt the best at in the past.
Once you know the difference in pounds between what you currently weigh and where you would like to be you will have a goal to work with. A good base to start with is trying to lose 2 pounds a week. Don’t be discouraged; even if you need to lose 50 pounds dropping just one pound a week for a year will result in a reduction of 52 pounds.
Continue to Page 2
2. Decide on the type of weight loss program you are most comfortable with.
Don’t worry about eliminating any one food group from your diet. When you force that procedure on yourself you just set yourself up for failure. Going without your favorite food just will make you crave it until you fall off the wagon and binge your way into a weight gain.
3. Write down everything you eat.
The same goes for eating. If you really want to see why you are not losing weight, try writing down everything you put into your mouth. You will be very surprised at how quickly a bite of this and a small taste of that can add up.
4. Cut down on watching television by one hour each day.
This tip will help you in two ways – cut out one thing you do that doesn’t require any action at all while increasing your activity level. This will raise your circulation as well as increase your metabolism.
5. Add green tea to your beverages.
When you are adding more fluids to your daily regime, you should make one glass green tea. This fluid is full of antioxidants and helps to burn fat.
6. Start off your day with a breakfast that includes protein.
You should never skip breakfast, but always make sure that you include protein in your first meal of the day. It has been proven that if you have a full breakfast that includes protein you will not be as hungry for lunch and less likely to overeat.
7. Drink plenty of fluids.
Even though you may think you drink plenty of fluids try keeping track every time you finish an 8-ounce glass of water. Try to aim for 8 8-ounce glasses of water each day.
Continue to Page 3
8. Find a form of exercise that you enjoy.
Make sure you find an exercise program that you enjoy doing so you will be more likely to stick with the plan. You should start off slowly. Even a 15-20 minute walk every day is better than nothing.
9. Lift weights three times a week.
Strength training is important if you want to lose weight and tone up your body. You don’t have to worry about building muscle if you lift light weights at higher repetitions.
10. Find smaller plates to eat off of.
You can easily keep yourself satisfied with eating less if you put your food on a smaller plate. Putting a small amount on a large plate will make you feel deprived.
11. Make sure you get enough sleep each night.
If you don’t give your body enough rest, you may find yourself eating because you are tired or bored. Aim for 8 hours of sleep every night and you will keep yourself in the right mindset to lose weight.
12. Make a list of rewards you can use to motivate yourself to reach your goals.
Think of things you can reward yourself with when you achieve each goal. Treat yourself to a manicure, a pedicure, or even just a new color of nail polish.
13. Always plan in advance.
The saying goes if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Keep simple low carb snacks on you at all times so you won’t feel so tempted to snack on junk food.
Continue to Page 4
14. Cut down on sugar and excess carbohydrates.
You don’t have to eliminate all carbs but you should eat fruits and vegetables that are lowering in carbohydrates to increase your fat loss.
15. Allow yourself one “cheat meal” each week.
If you limit yourself to one meal each week where you can eat whatever you want you will get any cravings out of your system and do it with full control. When you are out of control you will have a harder time getting back on your program.
16. Commit yourself to portion control.
You can really eat anything you like but maintain the proper portion sizes so you don’t consume more food than you can work off. When you eat smaller portions of foods you like you will have less of a problem staying on your weight loss plan because you won’t feel deprived.
17. Join an online support group.
Look for support groups that will inspire you and who are working on the same weight loss plan as you are. You will become inspired and get some new ideas as well as support to keep going when you feel like giving up.
18. Weigh yourself once a week.
Don’t weigh yourself every day or you may feel discouraged and caught up in the regular fluid variations that occur in your body. Do weigh yourself once a week and also take your measurements. You may find that you have lost inches on weeks when you haven’t lost as many pounds as you hoped for.