- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 Easy Ingredient Swaps For Healthier Eating In Seconds
2. Make Healthier Soups
Rather than use cream or even whole milk, substitute pureed beans or nuts. By mixing in some pureed beans or nuts, you can increase the amount of protein and fiber but remove fat. You will still have that creamy texture that you love in soups, but you will find that your soup is much more satisfying. Try some mild flavored beans, such as white beans or pinto beans, so the flavor does not overwhelm your soup.
3. Instead Of Mayo
Mayonnaise is so flavorful and creamy, it is hard to give up. But you can get all the flavor and that delicious creamy texture by substituting avocado for mayonnaise. Avocados are full of healthy fat, along with fiber and potassium. Avocados have fewer calories, much less saturated fat, and much lower in cholesterol than mayo does. Avocado is also a good substitute for butter in most recipes, including toast!
Continue to Page 3