- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 Top Foods To Protect You From Cancer (You Knew About #15, Right?)
2. Organic Fruits And Veggies
This one is no surprise. Organic fruits and veggies have been shown in numerous studies to prevent mouth cancer, cancer of the esophagus, larynx, and pharynx, as well as stomach cancer and lung cancer. This is due to the high level of antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and vitamin C. Antioxidants fight the free radicals in the body, which cause damage to our DNA. Eventually, this leads cells to turn cancerous.
Organic produce also contain phytochemicals which delay the overall cancer process. They repair damage done to our DNA, as well as helping to maintain a normal, healthy immune system. Eating plenty of organic fruits and veggies also fill you with that healthy dietary fiber, both the soluble and the insoluble kind. Since they are low in calories, they can go a long way towards helping you to maintain a healthy weight, which is an important factor in the prevention of cancer.