- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
22 Top Foods to Help You Sleep Better (No Pills or Alcohol Needed!)
This probably isn’t what you are thinking of when it comes to a late night snack, but spinach is actually a great source of calcium, which stimulates the production of melatonin. So think spinach salads for lunch and maybe a spinach omelet for dinner.
Now here is a late night snack you can sink your teeth into! Air popped popcorn contains tryptophan, it is the amino that makes you so sleepy. Try munching on a cup of air popped popcorn and you should get a visit from the sandman sooner rather than later.
5. Lemon Balm
This member of the mint family has been singing lullabies to people for ages. Look for lemon balm tea at your local health food store and enjoy a cup about 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime.
Saffron, which is actually a type of crocus flower, adds lots of flavor to food and can help you get your z’s. One research study done with mice showed that the group that eat a water based saffron extract had lower anxiety levels and increased sleep hours compared to the control group.
7. Whole Grain Bread
As we mentioned with almonds, eating some whole grain bread will help you feel sleepy, especially when you consume it within 2 hours of bedtime. Add a bit of almond butter or a banana to your toast for extra sleep inducing chemicals.
Continue to Page 3