- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
22 Top Foods to Help You Sleep Better (No Pills or Alcohol Needed!)
8. Dark Chocolate
There are plenty of good reasons to eat dark chocolate and here is another one: dark chocolate can relax you and reduce the amount of cortisol (a stress hormone) in the body. The more relaxed you are, the better you will sleep. One ounce a day is all you need.
9. Jasmine Rice
Besides smelling heavenly, jasmine rice will work much in the same way that whole grain bread will. Eating a meal with some jasmine rice within 4 hours of bedtime will help you to sleep much better. Be sure you are using jasmine rice as it has more starch than other types of rice and it’s the starch that will send you to dreamland.
Miso, which is made from fermented soybeans, contains important amino acids which will boost your production of melatonin, which means you will fall asleep naturally and easily. Try a warm mug of miso soup an hour or so before bedtime.
11. Chamomile Tea
This is an old standby that really works when you can’t sleep. Studies have shown that a cup of chamomile tea helps to ease anxiety when taken in small doses and higher doses induce sleep. So make a double strength cup of chamomile tea about an hour before bed and it will be lights out for you in no time!
The carbs in potatoes make these highly glycemic food help you sleep more soundly. Try some mashed potatoes with dinner, topped with a bit of plain Greek yogurt. No sleeping pill ever tasted this good!
Continue to Page 4