- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
3 Best Fermented Foods Ever
This is a classic side dish, and it’s very inexpensive. Sauerkraut is basically fermented cabbage. It’s filled with probiotic bacteria that offer similar benefits to those listed above. In addition, it also offers nutrients like vitamins A, C, K, and various B vitamins. Sauerkraut also contains minerals like manganese, magnesium, and iron. If that weren’t enough, it also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help lower cholesterol. Who knew that this ballpark side dish could be so good for you?
One food very similar to sauerkraut is kimchi. This staple of Korean cuisine is also made from fermented cabbage, but includes special seasoning and spices which give it a bold and distinct flavor. Kimchi offers the same benefits for improving gut health and is filled with antioxidants as well.
Kombucha is a type of fermented beverage made from tea and cane sugar. It is a source of B vitamins and healthy probiotic bacteria. Kombucha has been shown to significantly improve digestion and energy levels, help with treating leaky gut syndrome and ulcers, and also has powerful antioxidant properties. This truly might be the most healthy beverage on the planet. It can be a little expensive, but even if you only drink one bottle a week, you’ll still be doing much better than the average person.
Continue to Page 3