- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
3 Best Fermented Foods Ever
3. Miso and Natto
There are also two very beneficial fermented foods made from soybeans: Miso and natto, both of which originate in Japan. Many people are first exposed to miso in the form of miso soup, which is served as an appetizer in many Japanese restaurants. Miso is a concoction of fermented soybeans and koji (a type of fungus). It strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of cancer. Miso can also be made from brown rice or barley.
Natto is another Japanese dish made from soybeans fermented with the bacillus subtilis. Natto contains an enzyme called nattokinase which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps fight cancer. It also helps improve immune system function and your body’s ability to digest vitamin K2, an important vitamin that many people are deficient in.
There really is no downside to incorporating more fermented foods into your diet. People have known for thousands of years that eating these foods improves human health and vitality, and now modern science shows us why. Pick some up today and hop on the probiotic bandwagon.