- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
4 DIY Super Healing Winter Lotion Recipes You Will Love!
2. Awesome Aloe Vera Healing Lotion
- 3.5 Ounces of distilled water
- 4 Ounces of aloe vera gel
- 0.3 of an Ounce of vegetable glycerin
- 3/4 of an Ounce of emulsifying wax
- 1 Ounce of camellia seed oil
- ¾ of an Ounce of jojoba oil
- 4 Capsules (broken and oil removed) of vitamin E oil
- 10 Drops of chamomile essential oil
- 3 Drops of Helichrysum essential oil
Use a kitchen scale for measuring. In a large Pyrex glass measuring cup, combine the water, aloe vera gel, and vegetable glycerin. Heat this in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds or until very warm but not boiling. If you prefer, you can warm this on the stove in a saucepan. In a separate saucepan, put the wax and oil. Using in a low flame, warm until the wax has completely melted. Add the water/aloe vera mixture into the wax and mix gently until everything is well incorporated. Remove from the heat and stir occasionally until it has completely cooled. Once cool, whisk in the essential oils. You can put this in a pump top bottle or any other type of container that you desire. This should keep for 4 to 6 months in normal household temperatures.
3. Super Gentle Healing Winter Lotion
- 5 Ounces of pure bees wax (if you don’t buy it in pellets you will need to grate it first. Don’t buy wax meant for candles as it can contain added things you don’t want. Buy pure beeswax )
- 1 Ounce of almond oil
- 1 Ounce of coconut oil
- ¼ Teaspoon of rose hip seed oil
In a double boiler (or put some water in a large pan then put a smaller pan inside) combine the wax and oils until everything has melted and is well incorporated. Once it is well mixed and warm, pour into a glass Pyrex measuring cup or a glass mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip this mixer (don’t forget to scrap the sides occasionally) until the lotion is creamy and has cooled to room temperature. This can take quite some time but your patience will pay off.
That’s it! This lotion is perfect for younger children or those with sensitive skin. Put in the container of your choice. When kept at normal household temperatures, this oil has a very long shelf life.
Continue to Page 3