- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
4. Think Herbal Tea
Hot herbal beverages are the best thing ever for helping your body fight off a cold. Teas are easy to digest, many have anti-viral compounds, and don’t stress the digestive system. Some of the best teas to drink to beat a cold are:
- Pau d’Arco
5. Avoid Upsetting Your Stomach
Some types of foods only cause your body to work harder and when you have a cold, and this is not a good idea. To be sure that your body devotes its strength to kicking the cold, avoid the following while you are sick:
- Meats (except for fish)
READ ALSO: All Natural Cold and Flu Remedies for Kids
This will allow your digestive system and immune system to spend their energy on beating the cold, not digesting difficult foods.
In addition to the above, don’t forget to get plenty of rest, try to get some natural sunlight, and take it easy on the exercise until your symptoms subside.