- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
2. Refined Carbs Increase the Risk of Health Problems
Heart disease is the number one killer throughout the world, not just in America. Diabetes is also a very common disease around the world, with an estimated 300 million people being affected by it. Persons who have diabetes also have a higher risk of developing heart disease.
Numerous studies have shown that eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates is linked to high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and the development of type-2 diabetes.
These dangerous types of carbs also increase triglyceride levels in the body, which is a huge risk factor for developing both diabetes and heart disease.
One study out of China found that adults who consumed more than 85 percent of their total carb intake from refined carbs were three times more likely to develop heart disease.
3. Refined Carbs are Nutrition Poor
Whole, natural grains are very high in fiber, containing bran (the hard outside layer), germ (the nutrient rich core), and the endosperm (the middle layer which contains mostly carbs).
It is the bran and the germ that are the most nutritious parts of any whole grain. These important parts are what contain the healthy fiber, iron, magnesium, B vitamins, manganese, and selenium.
Unfortunately, when grains are processed, the bran and germ are removed or destroyed. This means you are left with nothing but the endosperm, which contains no vitamins, minerals, or fiber. In fact, if you pay attention to most bread labels, they will state that their flour is “reinforced” or “enriched” with certain vitamins or minerals. They need to do this because otherwise there would be absolutely no nutritional value.
Don’t believe that these synthetic additives make bread or other refined carbs healthy, however. Your body does not accept synthetic vitamins and minerals the same way that it does natural compounds. Your body is smart enough to know the difference!
Diet’s high in these types of nutritionally vacant foods are also low in fiber, which greatly increases your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Continue to Page 3