- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Natural Cough And Sore Throat Potions You Need This Winter
2. Garlic, Onion, and Honey
- ½ cup of raw, organic honey
- ½ cup of water
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 dash of thyme, sage, or oregano
Add everything together in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well and allow to steep overnight at room temperature. In the morning, strain into another clean jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to three months. If you need this syrup tonight and can’t wait until morning, you can put these items in a pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 or 15 minutes or until the onions are soft. Strain, and as soon as it is cool, you can use it. Take one teaspoon as often as you need to get relief.
3. Castor Oil Chest Rub
You might be wondering how castor oil can stop a cough, but this really works!
- ½ cup of cold pressed castor oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger root
- 3 drops of eucalyptus oil
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
In a small glass bowl or measuring cup, add all ingredients and mix well. Pour about half of this mixture over your chest. Breathe deeply! Cover with an old t-shirt or two. This is pretty messy, but you will feel the heat! It will open up your sinuses, and stop the cough that usually occurs because of a backup of mucus.
Continue to Page 3