- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 Cleaning Products That Are A Serious Danger To Your Health
2. Window cleaners
A substance called 2-butoxyethanol can be found in a number of products that are used to clean windows and mirrors. This toxin is pretty serious even though it is used to give the cleaner a more fragrant aroma. It falls into a group of solvents that are called glycol ethers and it has been found to initially produce a sore throat in the person using it but can also lead to serious kidney and liver damage, narcosis, and possibly pulmonary edema. This ingredient is not required to be listed on the label.
Safer substitute: create a mixture of vinegar and water and wipe windows and mirrors with newspaper. Your windows will be sparkling clean with no streaks.
3. Fragrant soaps and air fresheners
Many scented soaps and especially air fresheners have a chemical known as phthalates in them. Because there are no regulations regarding any of these toxic compounds they do not have to be identified on the label, but if you see the word fragrance it probably contains phthalates in it. This compound has been found to lower a man’s sperm count when inhaled or absorbed by the skin.
Safer substitute: replace air fresheners in your home with essential oils. Instead of spray fresheners try selecting plants to detoxify the air in your home.
Continue to Page 3