- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 of the Biggest Lies Most Vegans Believe (#4 is the Worst!)
4. Eating Meat is the Cause of Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Cancer
This is a scare tactic that is absolutely false.
Most of these chronic diseases are relatively new to our world. Before 1930, heart disease was almost unheard of. Type 2 diabetes began increasing at a rapid rate starting in about the 1970’s. Cancer has been steadily rising for at least the past 60 years.
Now you might hear vegans saying that meat and dairy is the root cause of these health problems but consider this; meat is a very, very old food and these health problems are pretty new to the scene.
It makes no sense to blame old foods on new diseases.
There have also been numerous studies showing that meat is not the root cause of any of the diseases known to modern man.
The link between meat and cancer is only related to the way meat is cooked. Meat that is burned, seared, or blackened is linked to higher rates of stomach cancer, but not the meat itself.
Two studies, one involving more than 1.2 million people and the other with nearly a half million subjects, found absolutely no link between unprocessed meat and either heart disease or diabetes.