- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
7 Super Healing Powers of a Humble Apple
4. Promotes Hair Growth
The procyanidin from apples can actually cause your hair to grow. Can you say an apple a day keeps hair loss away?
5. Reduces Heart Disease Risk
Just one small apple per day was shown to reduce death from heart disease in women by 43 per cent and 19 per cent for men.
6. Lower Risk of Diabetes
Those who ate one apple per day reduced their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 28 per cent compared to those who did not eat apples.
7. Helps Lose Weight
Those who ate 1 or 2 apples daily before a meal lost 3 pounds in 10 weeks.
What you should really think about is exactly how important natural, whole foods are to our overall health. Don’t think of apples as an old fashioned medicine, but rather, as an old fashioned preventative, which is far better than having to take medicine. So the next time you eat a fresh, crunchy organic apple, really taste it, and enjoy it. Think about all the good things that lowly little apple is doing for your body.