- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
8 Reasons You’ll Never Overlook This Simple Fruit Again
3. Helps ward off diabetes
While fresh ripe plums have a sweet taste, they are actually a low sugar fruit and have a low glycemic index. They can keep blood sugar levels low, which helps to reduce the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. The fruit has flavonoids that are able to protect patients from resistance to insulin. They also help to keep the body sensitive and responsive to insulin levels.
4. Work to keep your memory sharp
Plums are one of the leading fruits containing antioxidants and have even more than blueberries do. In addition, they have high levels of manganese and plant and iron phenolics. They may prevent dementia from occurring in elderly patients and slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s in those who are suffering from it.
5. Help to manage blood pressure levels
Plums are rich in potassium, packing an impressive 113 mg per fruit. Potassium cuts down your chances of having a stroke by keeping your blood pressure under control. According to Dr. Adarsh Kumar, who is part of the internal medicine team at the National Heart Institute, the high level of potassium ensures that the nerve responses in the body and the heart itself function at optimum level. Eating dried plums keeps the blood flowing through the arteries, which reduces the chances of a number of disorders of the heart, including atherosclerosis and heart attacks.
Continue to Page 3