- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
8 Secrets For A Happier, Healthier Life
6. Surround Yourself with Positive People
There’s an old idea from the self-help world: You are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time around. There’s a lot of truth to this concept. You will adopt aspects of the mindsets and belief systems of the people you spend the most time with. Happy people surround themselves with other people who are friendly, generous and optimistic. Conversely, if you always associate with negative, pessimistic people, this will influence your philosophy on life as well. Take an inventory of the people you spend the most time with, and determine if your social life is conducive to a positive, healthy worldview.
7. Adopt an Abundance Mindset.
Happy people tend to have an abundant worldview. It’s a belief that the world is place of endless opportunity, there is more than enough to go around. They don’t stress when a given option or path is no longer available. When one door closes, another opens. This may sound hokey, but it really does make a difference in how people see the world. Negative people tend to have a scarcity mindset. It’s hard to turn this off, since the human brain is wired to view things as scarce (a survival mechanism from prehistoric times). But happy people understand value in letting go of the scarcity mindset and choosing to view life through the lens of abundance.
Continue to Page 5