- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
9 Anti-Aging Tips That Are Wasting Your Time
3. If your mother has great skin, you will too.
There is no disputing that heredity plays a large part in our overall health, as well as how we look. Chances are if your mom looks great for her age, you have a good chance of following in her footsteps. The problem is that you have to take lifestyle habits into account for a more accurate picture. If you eat junk food, smoke cigarettes, and drink alcohol on a regular basis, these factors will affect the quality of your skin.
4. The more moisturizer you use, the fewer wrinkles you will have.
Moisturizer does not get rid of wrinkles. What it does do is keep your skin hydrated. The best way to use your favorite moisturizer is to wet your face with water — whether you want to invest in a fancy spray bottle of imported water or just soak your face with a wash cloth soaked in tap water. Let your skin air dry then apply your moisturizer. This will help your skin maintain its level of hydration.
5. As you age, you no longer need sunscreen.
This statement couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, the older you get, the thinner your skin gets and the greater chances it has of wrinkling. Many young people are more interested in going to the beach to get a tan than they are with protecting their skin from the dangerous rays of the sun. The problem is many bouts of tanning sessions that are conducted without sunscreen show their effects later. Wrinkled skin is only one side effect that could be caused by not using sunscreen. Melanoma is one of the most common kinds of skin cancer and requires extreme treatments to correct.
6. If you don’t show any emotions, you won’t get any wrinkles.
There are some women who believe that if they don’t laugh out loud or frown very deeply, they can avoid getting wrinkles on their face. Not only is that untrue, it’s not a very fun way to go through life. If you find yourself getting serious laugh lines or deep furrows from frowning, meet with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see about treatments that are available to correct them. There are many non-invasive options that can be administered to your skin to fill in spots that are bothering you, and reactivate your collagen levels so they are able to ward off wrinkles naturally.
Continue to Page 3