- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
9 Foods That Could Cancel Out Your War Against Inflammation
5. Saturated fats
Even though saturated fats have been shown to not be responsible for heart problems, they have been found to trigger inflammation in fat tissue. This type of tissue holds on to energy and unlike brown cells, they do not burn the energy. As the brown cells grow because of the saturated fats they create a systemic inflammation. Saturated fats can be found in potato chips, hamburgers, pizza and candy.
6. Omega 6 fatty acids
Vegetable oils, such as corn, safflower, and canola, have high levels of omega-6 fatty acids which are the culprits that increase inflammation. Many of these oils suffer from oxidation due to being overly processed. Stick with foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as fish. Studies that were conducted on rats showed the increase in inflammation on the group that was given omega-6 fatty acids, as compared to omega-3.
7. Refined carbs
For quite a while carbohydrates have been looked down at causing problems including illnesses and contributing to obesity. But it is refined carbohydrates and not the kind that are actually good for you. Complex carbs, such as fruits and vegetables are balanced and still have their fiber content intact. Refined carbs are left with hardly any fiber. A study of refined carbohydrates, which have a high glycaemic index, found that of the older adults that took part, those who consumed the refined carbs had an increased chance, 2.9 times higher, of dying from a disease that was inflammatory such as COPD.
Continue to Page 4