- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
9 Herbs to Improve Kidney Health and Stop Stones
While you can’t stop your kidneys from getting older, you can slow down the process. Check out these tips for keeping your kidneys in good shape and working well your entire life.
1. Stop smoking
Nicotine is a major factor for many negative health issues and one of them is the development of kidney disease.
2. Keep those levels under control
We mean blood pressure levels, blood sugar levels, and cholesterol levels. All of those have an impact on the health of your kidneys.
3. Pay attention to your digestion
Eating more probiotics, prebiotics, and high fiber foods can help with elimination. Avoid pesticide laden produce that puts extra strain on your kidneys.
4. Avoid over the counter pain medications
These can tax your kidneys. If you must take them, always take the minimum amount and for the shortest possible time. You might want to consider taking milk thistle (between 80 to 160mg) two or three times per day to counteract any damage.
5. Stay hydrated
Find out surprising reasons for dehydration.
6. Cut back on alcohol
Eat well, stay hydrated, and be kind to your kidneys!