- Having Panic Attacks? Here Are The Best Essential Oils That Can Help Video
- 7 Natural Drinks You Can Make For Better Sleep Infographic
- Top 7 Alkaline Foods For Warding Off Diseases Infographic
- 7 Unexpected Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Infographic
- Healthy Cookies: 3 Delicious Ways Video
- Sunflower Seeds And Their Amazing Benefits Infographic
- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
A Shower Before Bed May Result In Better Sleep
Other Sleep Techniques and Shower Benefits
Try to discontinue your use of electronic devices with screens about an hour before you go to sleep. These LED screens give off blue-spectrum light, which interferes with your circadian rhythm. When you see these lights on at night, it can confuse your brain into thinking that it’s daytime, and you’ll have a more difficult time falling asleep.
A warm evening shower has more health benefits than those listed above. It relaxes the muscles and also helps clean out the pores. Heat can also help reduce inflammation to a certain degree, although this shouldn’t be taken as medical advice for an injury.
Cold showers also have their benefits, but they will tend to make you more alert, so it’s best to save those for the morning.
Perhaps the single best thing you can do to improve the quality of your sleep, aside from the shower approach mentioned here, is to reduce the amount of stress in your life as much as you can. Hormones such as cortisol that are released by stress have a compounding and deleterious effect on your health, affecting everything from your immune system to your blood pressure and more. Remember, there’s no magic bullet routine that will turn your health around on its own. You must adopt techniques like warm showers as part of a comprehensive approach to building a healthy lifestyle to really get the most benefit from them.
Until next time, enjoy a nice shower tonight, and pleasant dreams!