- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Are You Addicted to Chap Stick?
As the really cold weather sets in, more people than ever seem to turn to their little tube of lip balm or their favorite flavor of Chap Stick to avoid those cracked and dry lips. You probably don’t even think about how many times a day you apply it, you simply whip it out whenever you think you feel that uncomfortable feeling that tells you your lips are becoming dry.
Chapped lips are caused by several factors, including wind, sun, medications, dry air, and the unnaturally dry air caused by heaters and air conditioners. Of course our natural inclination is to lick our lips to keep them moist, and although this will work for about a minute, the feeling is short lived and, in a very short amount of time, will make your problems even worse. Read more about 14 surprising reasons for dehydration.
Some people apply lip balm so often they sometimes ask themselves if it’s addictive. Although lip balm does not contain any actual chemicals that cause a true physical addiction, it can easily become a psychological habit and dependency that will feel a lot like addiction.
How much is too much?
• If you are willing to go out of your way, or pay an overinflated price just to get a tube, you are probably addicted.
• If you realize you forgot to bring your chap stick with you and you cannot stop thinking about it, you have a serious problem.
• If you are applying Chap Stick more than once an hour, you are addicted.
• Do you stock up? If you live in fear of running out of Chap Stick and therefore by numerous tubes so you have some in your purse, bathroom, coat pocket, and office desk drawer, you probably have an addiction.
• Have you tried to quit your Chap Stick addiction but couldn’t?
• Have you ever lied about how much you use or how many tubes you have? Do you even know how many tubes you have?
All of the above are signs of a serious addiction to Chap Stick. It sounds funny, but any addiction can be a problem.
Continue to Page 2