- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Surprising Health Benefits You Never Imagined About Avocados
6. Ensure Beautiful Skin
Avocado oil is an important ingredient in many lotions and cosmetics due to its nourishing compounds. Avocado oil will literally make your skin glow. It’s also helpful in treating a skin disease that causes extreme irritation and redness called psoriasis.
7. Eat Heart Healthy Diet
A high level of homocysteine in associated with an increased risk of heart disease. Avocados have folic acid and vitamin B6, which regulate homocysteine levels in the body. Besides these, avocados also have monounsaturated fats, glutathione, and vitamin E, all of which also contribute to keeping your heart healthy.
8. Reduce the Risk of Inflammation
Another health benefit of avocado is that these fruits have polyphenols and flavonoids, which are found to have strong anti-inflammatory compounds. This means that by eating more avocados, the phytonutirents they contain can reduce the risk of degenerative and inflammatory issues. Find out more anti-inflammatory remedies.
9. Regulate Blood Sugar
Avocados contain monounsaturated fats, which are the good types of fats we need to more of. These fats can actually reverse insulin resistance, which will help your body to regulate its blood sugar levels naturally.
10. Support Healthy Vision
Carotenoid lutein is a substance known to help protect us from cataracts and age-related macular degeneration and avocados are a great source of this compound.
Continue to Page 3