- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Bad Breath: The Causes And Solutions
Is There a Cure for Halitosis?
Yes, but it depends on what is causing it. You must first determine whether it is lifestyle choices like tobacco use and diet or an actual disease that is causing the bad breath. Let’s start by addressing the former.
The most obvious way to get rid of bad breath is to simply overpower it with a less offensive scent like mint. Taking a breath mint or chewing some gum is a good quick fix solution.
Proper dental hygiene will also go a long way towards eliminating bad breath. Brush thoroughly and regularly, and floss to get rid of pieces of food lodged between the teeth and in the gums. Using mouthwash is a good option, and a tongue scraper will help get rid of bacteria accumulation on the tongue.
If you use tobacco products, seriously consider discontinuing their use. There are many health reasons to do this besides just foul breath, but better breath might be the most immediate and noticeable side effect.
Think about your diet: Do you regularly consume foods or beverages that are going to give you bad breath afterwards? You may want to lessen your intake of those particular items, or at least plan ahead and take some mints following your meal.
In the vast majority of cases, bad breath is simply caused by not brushing, or eating certain foods. If, however, you’ve taken all the above steps and halitosis is still a problem for you, there may be a more serious condition causing it.Speak to your doctor about the problem, and he or she will help you find the right solution based on the medical condition that is causing it.