- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Best Diet for the Prevention of Breast Cancer
It’s actually the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, which causes the death of cancer cells. Studies show that curcumin can be effective even in cases of certain types of breast cancer that are resistant to traditional chemotherapy. Unfortunately, curcumin has a low absorption and quick metabolism rate, which means that it passes quickly through the body and is difficult for your body to absorb.
You can increase the bioavailability of turmeric by adding plain black pepper to this spice. This will increase the absorption rate by 200 percent! Turmeric also has plenty of other benefits; such as being an anti-inflammatory, treating osteoarthritis, and rejuvenating the skin.
If you buy turmeric, be sure it contains plenty of curcumin as some cheaper brands contain next to nothing in the way of curcumin.