- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Best Diet for Those Affected With Lupus
Foods That You Should be Eating
The following list of foods has been shown to help relieve the symptoms of lupus, being especially helpful with alleviating the skin conditions that come with lupus.
1. Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Because lupus causes inflammation throughout the body, you should consume as many foods that have anti-inflammatory compounds as possible to counter-act this symptom. Foods that will help lower your inflammation level include organic strawberries, avocados, blackberries, dark green vegetables, cherries, blueberries, parsley, and garlic.
2. Whole Foods
No, we don’t mean the supermarket, but rather whole foods that are minimally processed. This means eating as many fresh, organic raw vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, and seeds as you can. Many people who suffer from lupus find that simply cutting out processed foods, refined sugars, and carbs and replacing those with an organic, whole food diet, often relieves many of their symptoms and often makes them feel almost normal once more.
3. Easy to Digest Foods
If one of your symptoms is digestive problems, then eating foods that are easy to eat will help your digestive system heal. Try to eat more vegetable soups, bone broth-based soups, raw, organic dairy products, such as yogurt, and soak nuts and seeds overnight before eating.
Continue to Page 4