- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Best Essential Oils for Help with Bipolar Disorder
Those affected by bipolar disorder, frequently referred to as manic depression, have severe mood swings with periods of feeling upbeat, bursting with energy and activity (the manic stage), to extreme lows, with depression, feelings of hopelessness, intense sadness, and lethargy. This is much more extreme in nature than the normal ups and downs most people experience in their daily lives.
Symptoms of this disorder often start in the late teenage years or early adult years, generally between 15 and 25 years of age. It affects both males and females and although it hasn’t been shown scientifically to be genetic, there does seem to be a greater chance of the development of this disease if one of your immediate family members has had it. This is considered to be a life long illness, but many people report that with proper treatment they are able to live productive lives.
Although manic depression has many different root causes including:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Neurotransmitter imbalance,
- Changes to the brain
- Extreme abuse
- Extreme stress
- Traumatic experiences
Other health issues, such as emotional or psychological problems, can make this disease difficult to diagnose, especially for those with mild cases. Modern psychology has definitions that categorize this disorder into several subcategories, depending on behavior. For some people, this disease can actually be life threatening.
Continue to Page 2