- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Best Natural Remedies Ever to Help Fight Pneumonia
This herb is well known for its anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, anti-bacterial, and astringent compounds. Goldenseal helps to soothe irritated muscles and, when taken at the first sign of a serious chest congestion, can even help to stop any further development of the problem.
Goldenseal has been used by the Native American Indians for hundreds of years to help relieve congestion and fight fevers. It also has powerful immune improving compounds. This herb is so popular that it has been harvested almost to extinction, so if you find you have trouble finding this herb, you can also use Oregon Graperoot, as it has almost the same properties.
To use this herb, take two tablespoons of dried goldenseal and about 1.5 cups of water and place it in a saucepan. Allow to simmer gently (don’t boil) for about 10 to 15 minutes. Strain out the herbs and drink this tea at least 3 to 5 times a day.
NOTE: Pregnant women should not consume goldenseal, as it can stimulate contractions. Also, if you have heart problems, or are taking any type of prescription medication, always talk to your doctor first before you consume goldenseal.