- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
- How To Save Real Money On Real Food
- Top Ways To Make Your Coffee Or Tea Habit Healthier
- Danger Signs You Have Poor Circulation and How to Fix It Naturally
- The Super Anti-Aging Oil You’ve Never Heard About
Best Natural Remedies for Kidney Stones and How to Prevent a Reoccurrence
If you have ever had a kidney stone, then you already know just how painful they can be, especially once the stone gets caught in the tubes which lead from the kidneys to the bladder. Once inside the bladder, the stone must travel through the urethra and out of the body. Men, naturally having a longer urethra, have a much more difficult time with stones, leading some doctors to call it “male childbirth.”
What exactly is a kidney stone?
Stones that form in the kidneys are made up of mineral deposits, and the minerals can vary, but most of them are made of a type of calcium called calcium oxalate. Excess consumption of calcium or oxalates collects in the kidneys and form small pebbles that resemble stones within the kidneys. Stones can stay in your kidneys for weeks, months, and sometimes even years with no symptoms. However, should the stone become lodged at any point; a person can have extreme, even debilitating back or flank pain.
Most doctors will give you some type of pain killer combined with a great deal of water to help you pass the stone naturally. Some stones, however, are too large to pass through and will need to be removed surgically.
Want to avoid all this? There are several home remedies that will help dissolve stones or help to prevent them from forming in the first place. Keep reading and find out how you can more easily pass a stone and never have those painful episodes again.
1. Maple Syrup and Olive Oil
Eating plenty of citrus fruit is a great way to pass stones, as it raises the acidity of your urine and dissolves the calcium in the stone. Parsley root is a natural diuretic which will help flush out the stone.
- 1 Cup pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 9 Ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 9 Ounces organic lemon, including the peel
- 9 Ounces parsley root
- 9 Ounces raw, organic honey
- Cut the lemon into small pieces, leaving the peel on it. Place in your blender and mix it up well.
- Wash and scrape the parsley root, then cut it into chunks. Add it to the lemon in the blender and mix them together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until you get a well-blended mixture. Store in a glass jar with a lid. Keep the jar in your refrigerator.
- Take one tablespoon each morning on an empty stomach. Then be certain to drink at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water during the day.
Basil tea is often recommended as a tonic for the kidneys. You can drink basil tea a few times during the day for overall kidney health. If you have a kidney stone, take one teaspoon of basil juice mixed with one teaspoon of raw, organic honey every morning until the stone passes.
Several studies show that people with recurrent stones who began a program of daily magnesium supplements has a 92.3 percent improvement rate in the reduction, as well as the reoccurrence, of kidney stones. 300mg of magnesium orotate each day appears to work to reduce and prevent kidney stones.
Continue to Page 2