- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Can Citrus Essential Oils Stop Liver Cancer?
Technically, essential oils aren’t oils at all as they contain no fatty acids. What we call “essential oils” are actually highly concentrated plant compounds, frequently extracted into some form of oil, hence the name. It can take a huge amount of flowers, leaves, or roots to get even a small amount of oil. For example, it takes more than two tons of Bulgarian rose flowers to get just one pound of oil. Now one pound of oil is quite a bit of oil, but you get the idea. This explains why some oils are particularly expensive.
Essential oils are found in almost every plant. Many plants have antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal compounds, to name a few. Many people believe that essential oils are nothing more than a pleasing smell, but this study shows the powerful, healing compounds that essential oils actually contain.
There are currently more than 90 essential oils, each one offering its own unique health benefits. Essential oils can be used topically, or inhaled through a diffuser.
It has been thought for some time that the terpenes could influence cancer cells, but this process had not been tested, nor understood, until recently.
Perhaps the future of the cancer control and elimination lies not in pharmaceuticals, but in the terpenes of essential oils. Read more about essential oils for the strong immunity.