- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Cancer Prescreening Blood Tests: Do They Live Up To The Hype?
It means that this new technique is a good first step toward a reliable method of liquid cancer prescreening, but there is still a good deal more research that needs to be done. The results were good but not fantastic. In order to be truly be accepted as a liquid biopsy prescreening method, it needs to have a much higher success rate at detecting cancer cells in stage-1.
At present, the sequencing itself is also quite expensive— a few thousand dollars for each round of 30k sequences, although this technology is becoming less expensive as time goes on.
For now, conventional methods like colonoscopies, mammograms, and more remain the most reliable for detecting cancer. But there is good reason to hope that the work of Dr. Velculescu and his team have opened up the door to a new era of early detection.