- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Carrots: 12 Reasons Why They Should Be A Part Of Your Daily Menu
5. Gives You a Glowing Complexion
The benefits of consuming carrots are not limited purely to feeling better, they can make you look better as well. From the inside, vitamin A helps to tackle acne, dry skin, and problems with pigmentation. On the outside, you can make a mask for your face by combining carrots with honey.
6. Helps Maintain Healthy Brain Functions
Carrots are able to reduce the oxidative stress that occurs in the brain which results in a decrease in Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, an 18-year Harvard study showed that just taking in 50mg a day of beta-carotene showed a delay in the decline of cognitive responses by up to a year and a half.
7. Reduces Signs of Aging
When you feel well, you usually look well. Once again, carrots can help you look even better because they have been proven to reduce the signs of aging. Their antioxidant properties reduce the ravages of the body’s cells that are caused by the regular effects of your metabolism.
8. Cuts Your Chances of Type 2 Diabetes
According to the American Diabetes Association, almost 30 million people across the country have diabetes. More than 1.4 million people receive a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes every year. The beta-carotene that is found in carrots has been found to reduce levels of insulin by 32 percent. The consumption of carrot juice has proven to maintain an even and consistent level of blood sugar which is important for those who may be pre-diabetic.
Continue to Page 3