- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Common, Everyday Habits that Ruin Your Liver
On the heels of poor nutrition, obesity generally follows. Obesity is linked to junk foods and other poor eating habits that can cause as much harm to your liver as drinking or smoking.
Your liver processes and regulates the amount of fat and sugar that goes into your blood at one time, but in those who are overweight, and especially in those who are overweight and are eating junk foods and fast foods, the liver becomes swamped and begins to store the excess fat within its own cells.
When the liver has accumulated enough fat, it becomes inflamed and the damage is done.