- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Common, Everyday Habits that Ruin Your Liver
3. Poor Nutrition
Researchers know all too well that a steady diet of sugary soft drinks, fast food, and saturated fats elevate liver enzymes and damage your liver at the same time.
Don’t think junk foods affect your liver? A study done in 2008 took healthy, young adults in Sweden and asked them to eat two fast food meals each day and stop any form of exercise for a 4 week period.
After this 30 day period, scientists found that all subjects had elevated ALT liver enzymes and had developed the beginnings of fatty liver. This problem gets worse with age. Serious problems develop with a fatty liver if left untreated. Read more how to stop junk food cravings.