- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Common Foods That Food Experts Won’t Eat but You Do Everyday
2. Corn Fed Beef
Most farmers won’t eat their own corn fed beef. Why? Cows were meant to eat grasses. Livestock owners now feed them corn and soybean to fatten the animals much more quickly.
When you look at a recent study done by the USDA and researchers from Clemson University, they discovered that the meat from grass fed cows is higher in many vitamins, including beta carotene, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, omega 3 oils, not to mention lower in saturated fats.
The truth is most farmers keep another herd in a pasture, free ranging and grass eating, for their own consumption!
Your alternative? Shop around and look for grass fed beef. It’s usually found in most health food stores, including Whole Foods. If you don’t see it at your store, ask the butcher.