- Useful Tips For Treating Eczema Naturally Video
- How To Get Thicker Hair Naturally In 2 Months Video
- The Best Essential Oils For Women’s Health Infographic
- Getting Rid Of Scars At Home: Natural Remedies Video
- Natural Single Ingredient Skin Care Products You Need To Have In Your Bathroom Video
- 6 Amazing Ways To Reuse Tea Bags Instead Of Throwing Them Away Video
- Dairy Free Summer Desserts – 5 Easy Sorbet Recipes Video
Do Breast Cancer Genes Guarantee Cancer?
There are breast cancer genes that can show the chances that a woman has been developing breast cancer. The genes are referred to as BRCA1 and BRCA2. The findings show that if a woman has either of these genes and they are mutated, her chances of getting breast cancer during some time in their lives is about 70 percent.
Researchers have based this information on a study of more than 10,000 women who had issues with either one of these genes. It also was found that their chances of getting ovarian cancer were also increased.
What exactly are breast cancer genes?
There are two kinds of breast cancer genes that are called BRCA1 and BRCA2. Everybody has these genes but they only show the chances of getting cancer if they bear any mutations. Originally, these genes were recognized because they suppress tumors. Without mutations and operating normally, they ensure that cells keep growing at the correct rate. When the mutations are found on the cells their growth is not checked and it is how breast cancer is able to develop.
Every one of us receives one of each gene from each parent. If you get one gene that is normal and one that is mutated you will still not develop cancer because of the normal gene. Having a mutated gene doesn’t even mean you are going to definitely end up with breast cancer if you still have a normal gene. If the other gene does become mutated you will have a greater chance of getting breast cancer.
Continue to Page 2