- Want To Stop Snoring? Here’s What Really Works!
- How To Kill The Parasites You Almost Certainly Have (No Matter How Clean You Are!)
- This Natural Diet Is The Credit To Health And Longevity Of Many Japanese People
- The Amazing Health Benefits Of Hugging!
- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
Do Breast Cancer Genes Guarantee Cancer?
There are breast cancer genes that can show the chances that a woman has been developing breast cancer. The genes are referred to as BRCA1 and BRCA2. The findings show that if a woman has either of these genes and they are mutated, her chances of getting breast cancer during some time in their lives is about 70 percent.
Researchers have based this information on a study of more than 10,000 women who had issues with either one of these genes. It also was found that their chances of getting ovarian cancer were also increased.
What exactly are breast cancer genes?
There are two kinds of breast cancer genes that are called BRCA1 and BRCA2. Everybody has these genes but they only show the chances of getting cancer if they bear any mutations. Originally, these genes were recognized because they suppress tumors. Without mutations and operating normally, they ensure that cells keep growing at the correct rate. When the mutations are found on the cells their growth is not checked and it is how breast cancer is able to develop.
Every one of us receives one of each gene from each parent. If you get one gene that is normal and one that is mutated you will still not develop cancer because of the normal gene. Having a mutated gene doesn’t even mean you are going to definitely end up with breast cancer if you still have a normal gene. If the other gene does become mutated you will have a greater chance of getting breast cancer.
Continue to Page 2