- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
- Top Tips On Maintaining Wellbeing Throughout The Winter
- Top Signs You Need To Do A Liver Detox (And Best Detox Foods List Included!)
- 10 Foods & 10 Ways You Can Efficiently Boost Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
Easy 3 Day Lymph System Cleanse
The body’s lymph system is probably one of the most under-studied, least understood, and most ignored system in the body. When you are feeling fine, your lymph system just gets pushed to the wayside. In fact, it seems as if the only time people really think about or talk about lymph nodes is when someone is diagnosed with cancer.
Perhaps if people only understood how the lymph system works and how important it is to almost every other function and system in the body, we might not take it for granted. In many ways, the lymph system is more important than your blood circulation.
Think of your lymph system as the body’s drain. Once you imagine it this way, its importance becomes clear. Imagine if your house had no drains. Imagine that you have no other way to remove waste water, trash, or anything else from your home except through the drains…but your drains are completely clogged. Now you can imagine what this could do to your body. Your lymph system removes waste, excess water, heavy metals, chemicals, bacteria, trans-fats, and fungi. It supports every system in your body. When the lymph system becomes clogged and sluggish, your entire immune system is compromised. When the lymphatic system remains clogged, this is when serious disease, including cancer, begins to develop.
Common signs of a sluggish lymph system are:
- Constantly cold hands and feet
- Super dry skin, so dry it itches
- Soreness or stiffness in the morning
- Mental fog
- Swelling of the small joints
Ayurvedic medicine believes that almost every condition or health problem can be linked back to the lymph system, which is why it’s important to take care of it. Some of the top reasons that he lymph system becomes clogged are:
1. Iodine Deficiency
Iodine plays a huge role in our body. It protects us from environmental toxins, regulates the thyroid, and helps the lymph system perform its function. When the body does not get sufficient amounts, the lymph system can become blocked.
Chronic stress causes turmoil in the body and is believed to be the cause behind about 80 percent of all chronic health problems, including congestion of the lymph system. Stress can come in many ways and it can be controlled, managed, or limited. Read more how to fight with stress.
3. Chronic Digestive Problems
Most problems with the lymph system are found in the digestive system. If the villi in the intestine (villi are tiny, threadlike tissues that cover the surface of the small intestine) are not in good condition, this will affect the flow to the lymph system and prevent it from doing its job.
Continue to Page 2