- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
- Do You Have Gluten Sensitivity? 10 Common Symptoms
Why Eat Local? Video
The author of “Defense of Food,” Michael Pollan, explains in the video below why it’s better to eat foods from your local farms.
Of course, some of the benefits are obvious: local food is always fresher and, as a result, tastier. Foods from local farms usually have less impact from the environment because they do not require as much fuel to transport.
When you eat local, you can almost always be sure that the foods were grown naturally, they are seasonal and were grown outdoors, which is healthier for our bodies.
How do you make sure your foods are grown locally?