- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
- Reishi Mushrooms For Better Health: What You Need To Know Infographic
- Vitamins For Your Brain Health And Where To Find Them Infographic
- Want To Try Making Natural Soap? Here Is How To Start Infographic
Eat the Top 10 Healthiest Vegetables Ever
In order to have a healthy body, everyone knows you must eat your veggies. Your daily quota is five to nine servings, and sometimes it’s hard to fit that into a single day’s food. It’s important that you do so, however, to keep your immune system up to par to battle cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Information gathered from the USDA National Nutrient Database rated the world’s most popular veggies by their fiber, vitamin, potassium, lutein, and calorie count. Some veggies topped out with more than a whopping 1,000 points! Others, however, well, let’s just say that, with a score of less than 54 points, iceberg lettuce should hide its head (yes, pun intended) in shame.
Want to find out which veggies are the healthiest, which ones give you the most bang for your serving buck, so to speak? Aren’t you dying to find out if your favorite veggie makes the cut? Check out which vegetables top the list right here. Let’s start our way from the bottom and work our way up to the number one powerhouse vegetable.
Almost everyone loves carrots. One little veggie is only 30 calories and comes packed with fiber, vitamin C, tons of vitamin A, and lutein.
Adding fruits and veggies that are full of lutein to your diet can lower your risk of heart disease and vitamin A can keep your skin and hair, as well as keeping your vision, in tip top shape.